5 DIY Eco-friendly Cleaning products you must try!
Store bought chemical cleaners are not just bad for the environment but also your health. Luckily, making your own eco-friendly cleaning products couldn’t be any easier. Most of the recipes listed below contain basic ingredients like vinegar and are extremely cost-effective, safe and only take a couple of minutes to make.
- All purpose cleaning spray
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of distilled water
- 30 Drops of essential oils (lemon or orange)
Combine in a 500ml glass spray bottle and shake well before use.
2. Laundry Washing Powder
- 1 cup washing soda
- 1 cup bi-carb soda
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 bar castille soap (grated or blitz)
- 30 drops of essential oil (optional)
Grate or blitz soap bar in your processor to achieve a fine dust. Combine with the remaining ingredients.
For a front loader use 2 tablespoons of powder, for a top loader use 4 tablespoons.
3. Dishwashing Liquid
- 2 cups of unscented castille soap
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 8 drops wild orange essential oil
- 6 drops citrus bliss essential oil
Shake well before use.
4. Stainless Steel cleaner
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/8 cup white distilled vinegar
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- Hot water
In a glass spray bottle, combine the baking soda, vinegar, and lemon essential oil. Try using a funnel to keep everything mess free.
Fill the rest of the bottle with hot water, and shake to combine.
To use, spray the cleaner on your stainless steel surfaces, and then wipe with a soft cloth or paper towel. Note: For best results, use the cleaner right away and then make a fresh batch next time you need it.
5. Sticker/Goo Remover
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Mix together in a small container and apply to the sticker residue. Leave it on for several minutes and then use a hard edge to scrape off the remaining residue.