Save Our Water
It is without a doubt that the Dubbo and Western NSW region in crisis when it comes to our water supply. At Greenmark Homes we ensure our new homes are fitted with water saving taps, toilets and shower heads and encourage the use of water efficient appliances to help reduce the households overall water consumption. But we need to do more. We’ve compiled a list of simple water saving tips that we can all embrace around our homes.
Water Saving Tips:
- Only use the dishwasher when you have a full load and skip rinsing your plates and cutlery under the tap.
- Wash with a full load and you will save 10 litres of water each wash. Better yet, when you reduce your washing by one load a week, your household will benefit from a water saving of around 50L.
- Check your toilet for leaks – Leaking toilet cisterns waste litres of water each day. Check for leaks by putting a few drops of food dye in the cistern. If you have a leak, coloured water will appear in the bowl before the toilet has been flushed.
- Choose the half flush! Around 9% of total household water use goes down the toilet. When you can, choose the half flush and you’ll save around 1.5L per flush.
- Use a bucket to collect water while waiting for the shower to get hot and use the water you’ve saved on your pot plants.
- Turn the tap off when brushing your teeth.
- Cover your pool. Not only does a cover retain a heated pool’s temperature, but it reduces evaporation. A pool cover cuts the amount of replacement water needed by a huge 30 to 50 percent.
Thinking of Building? Come and take a look at our award winning display home at 32 Azure Avenue, Southlakes Estate Dubbo and find out why Greenmark Homes are the number one choice for building your new home.
For more water saving tips, visit the Water Corporation website here